Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Waldorf Doll, part 2

Sorry, no pictures of the doll here tonight. My camera's downstairs, I'm upstairs, and I should be sleeping not typing or crocheting.
YES, I'm finally making the hair for this doll. It doesn't look quite like hair. I'm not even sure it's supposed to look like it does... in fact, it looks very much like a chanterelle mushroom. I probably did something wrong. Oh well. At least it fits along with the rest of the doll, which has a head that's too big, arms too long, one leg longer than the other, one eye bigger than the other, and awful seams across the shoulders that I'm POSITIVE are not supposed to be there.
But this doll has been made during late hours at night.
My back hurts. My bum hurts. my eyes are getting crossed...
I must be a sucker for punishment or something though. I'm crocheting for the very first time in my life and it's with mohair. What was I thinking!
It's actually getting a little better, though. I'm getting faster even on my second night of work.
Of course, when I knitted something for the first time, other than a straight knit scarf, it had to be a sheep, with all sorts of weird new directions going on. Oh, I CAN post a pic of the sheep!



It's supposed to be felted, but alas, it didn't work in my washing machine. I suppose if I knew at the time that front loaders DO indeed work if you put the item through a number of times, then it might have been felted, but I already stuffed it with horrible stuffing, as opposed to the wonderful wool I use now. and sewed it shut and the seam has disappeared...

The internet is a wonderful thing... Being able to look up videos and directions for different knitting, and now crochet, techniques!
But I must continue on with this incredibly s-l-o-w work of hair...

No comments: