Friday, November 19, 2010

Waldorf Doll, part 1


So many different things going on... Starting a Waldorf Doll for one of my little ones. I'm this close to chucking it and just buying him one! I never imagined it would be this difficult. It's such a simple concept, but I'm having such a struggle with it. The pattern has a very small seam allowance for such stretchy fabric! It won't turn on the machine... one thumb is rather pointy compared to the other one. And don't get me started on the head... The darned thing came out too big and so the "skin", when pulled over the head, doesn't fit that well - very tight! Not to mention that because of this, the face has taken on a certain neanderthal likeness... almost flat-faced, though the forehead protrudes a bit too much.
Ugh. I'm not loving this project too much at this point.
And this is after my machine didn't work when I got it out after year's break from it. It's freshly home from the repair shop, but I'm still fighting it.
I'm hoping it gets better from here on out.
Perhaps he won't mind if the clothes are just sewn down onto the doll so noone can see it's wonkiness!! Christmas is right around the corner...
Of course, maybe it wouldn't be turning out so bad if I found some other time to work instead of after everyone is sound asleep... is it really 11:30pm?!
*Heavy Sigh*
I'm thinking, when I make another down the road for the other kiddo, I'll cut out to allow for a bigger seam, then TRIM the excess so the seams don't bulge.

No comments: